Which color iPhone 4 do you like better?

Support Us!

Click on the links
you see on our posts
to further check out
what we're talking about!

Friday, May 22, 2009

Metroid Gets Primed, And So Should You

Enough with the stupid jokes about Metroid Prime Ribs; we've got some serious business to talk about here.

Nintendo has announced that on August 24, 2009, the remakes for Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes headed for the Wii are going to be included with Metroid Prime 3: Corruption on a single disc that will be called the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Here is a part of IGN's article covering the details about this breaking news:

Don't say Nintendo didn't do anything for you: on August 24th, the publisher will release Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii. Metroid Prime Trilogy, releasing almost to the day of Metroid Prime 3 Corruption's two year anniversary, is a jammed to the brim package that combines all of Retro's first-person adventure games for the GameCube and Wii, on a single disc. And the two GameCube games – Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 Echoes -- have been reworked with full widescreen, 480p support and feature the same awesome Wii Remote/Nunchuk control that made Metroid Prime 3 Corruption so tight.

Source - IGN


This is amazing, considering the Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes remakes in Japan are sold separately from each other. North America gets all 3 awesome titles for $49.99, the same price as a normal Wii game, all in one disc. This is a must-have for all Metroid fans.

Personally, I'm very excited for this release, even though I own all 3 titles. This must have been what Retro Studios was working on, but I have my doubts. I'm holding out for E3 '09 for an announcement on the next Metroid game; which the hinted title for is Metroid Dread. (The hint is somewhat hidden in a particular scan in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.)

Until next time, play nice.

WiiGamin
___________________________________________________

I also own all three titles and I look forward to purchasing this amazing bargain of a collection when it releases on the beginning of the last full week of August. I believe the hint of "Metroid Dread" WiiGamin's referring to is in the opening sequence of Prime 3, when it's scrolling all of that data; if you snapshot the screen and examine it later, there's (as I recall) an excerpt of the code that says "Project Metroid 'Dread' nearing completion", or something like that.
I'm also excited for Nintendo's E3 plans this year, and have hopes that this year's showing will defeat any doubt of whether or not Nintendo cares about it's hardcore fans with enough big announcements to make more than just our heads spin... In five days, we'll only have five days left to wait...
I'll update this post with updates or confirmation as far as whether or not I'll be Twittering announcements as I watch the press conference, once said confirmation is available.
Also, just a notice, in case you haven't noticed. I've struggled to update the blog everyday this week, as our first post says I would; so, I need to present the solution: I'll now do my best to post at least once per week. I apologize for any disappointment and hope you continue to enjoy our blog regularly.

And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight!

nintendude794

No comments:

Post a Comment

nintendude794's Youtube Channel
nintendude794's Twitter
nintendude794's DeviantArt Profile

Which would you buy?

What is your favorite Halo game?

How often do you use your MP3 Player's shuffle function?

What console(s) do you do most of your gaming on?