Which color iPhone 4 do you like better?

Support Us!

Click on the links
you see on our posts
to further check out
what we're talking about!

Friday, May 15, 2009

"Celebrating Celebrity" 1: J.J. Abrams

As I listen to Coldplay's "Clocks", I feel I've picked a perfect topic considering this celebrity has had a few major happenings in the past week. J.J. Abrams (or Jeffrey Jacob Abrams) is a well-known television and film producer, screenwriter, director, actor, composer, as well as the founder of his studio, "Bad Robot Productions". Movie-wise, I know him for co-writing "Armageddon" (starring Bruce Willis); directing and co-writing "Mission: Impossible 3" (starring Tom Cruise); producing "Cloverfield" (starring a digitally animated monster that J.J. intended to become America's equivalent to Godzilla, however this monster looks to me kind of like a bulldog); and finally, directing and producing the latest "Star Trek" film, which released in American theaters a week ago when I saw it with some friends and really enjoyed it as an action-packed digital effects masterpiece. TV-wise, I know him as the co-creator, writer, executive producer, and director of LOST (currently my absolute favorite TV Show, until the Heroes plot improves; the Heroes season finale was great, compared to the rest of this season at least) and co-creator, writer, and executive producer of Fringe (of which the few episodes I saw I really liked and I intend to buy Season 1 DVDs when they come out), although I know he's worked on several other TV shows as well. For most of his Hollywood career, his work's music has been composed by a man named Michael Giacchino, making Abrams and Giacchino partners of sorts. I'm also a huge fan of him and his music, so he'll get his own post soon enough.
Now for J.J.'s accomplishments within the past week. Last Friday, as mentioned in the previous paragraph, his Star Trek reboot film launched here in the States, and it's an amazing feat of film-making. Sometime this week, the man who played Spock in the original Star Trek TV Show, who also reappeared as senior citizen Spock in the new movie, agreed to play a "major role" (said Abrams, as I saw on an IGN article) on the season finale of Abram's show Fringe; and that just sounds so awesome compared to the most famous actors they could get to play roles on Heroes, which are probably Greg Grunberg as Officer Matt Parkman and the guy who played Peter and Nathan Petrelli's father, Mr. Arthur Petrelli, an awesome villain for the first half (referring to "Volume 3: 'Villains'", since the second half of season 3 is "Volume 4: 'Fugitives'") of season 3. And finally, a couple nights ago (Wednesday), I was watching the Season 5 finale of LOST (I'll talk about LOST theories sometime!); I can't wait to see what season six is going to be about, and it's unfortunate for hardcore fans like me that next season is the end of the saga...
I'm a fan of J.J. Abrams and his accomplishments.

nintendude794

[Thanks to "gordonandthewhale.com" for the good picture]

No comments:

Post a Comment

nintendude794's Youtube Channel
nintendude794's Twitter
nintendude794's DeviantArt Profile

Which would you buy?

What is your favorite Halo game?

How often do you use your MP3 Player's shuffle function?

What console(s) do you do most of your gaming on?